Axminster Woodturning Dovetail Jaws Type D | Chuck Jaws | Chuck Accessories
Regular priceSale price
Unit price/ per
• Potential gripping range: Internal 0mm to 31mm
• Potential gripping range: External 16mm to 46mm
• Recommended for SK80 chuck
• Drawing dimensions taken when jaws form true circle
• Excellent for gripping bowls, vases etc with narrow bases
• Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster
• Made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion
These are a version of our popular small dovetail jaws, made to fit the SK80 chuck. The SK80 Dovetail Jaws Type D expand into a 17.5mm diameter dovetail recess. The dovetail grips the base of small bowls, goblets and egg-cups. The centre is useful for gripping thin spigots, lace bobbin planks and similar items. An Axminster chuck allows a wide variation to accommodate any deviation. This enables these jaws to grip a spigot from 0mm to 31mm or expand into a recess from 16mm to 46mm. Obviously at more extreme diameters the jaws are no longer a true circle. As with all our dovetail jaws they simply bolt onto the Accessory Mounting Jaws. Made from stainless steel to protect against corrosion.
Recommended for the SK80 Chuck, however they are also suitable for other Axminster Chucks providing the correct safety mounting jaws are used.